Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mme Grenouille, Broadbeach + One Stormy Christmas Eve.....

I stumbled across this wonderful french bakery attached to the Meriton Hotel, which is where I was conveniently staying whilst at the Gold Coast.

 
 


I decided it would be best not to venture in during my stay, seeing as I have such a sweet tooth and am more than happy to gorge on sweets all day long. I could not  however, leave the Gold Coast without a take home pack of delectable macarons! So, on my last day, I wandered downstairs and placed an order for pickup right before my bus ride back to the airport. 

It was Christmas eve and the beginning of Queensland's severe rainy weather conditions. I trekked my way to the airport via the public bus all on my lonesome with all of this in tow: 


As luck would have it, it would be my destiny to miss out on going home and spending Christmas eve/ Christmas day in the company of loved ones. After a 5 hour delay - my flight ended up canceling due to the severe weather conditions and there were no further flights heading out that evening! =/ Let me tell you, every minute of delay was extremely stressful and I could feel my blood pressure rising as I became more and more anxious. During this time, I decided to try and busy myself in the treats that I had picked up and get a little bit snap happy  :) 


Blurry, but you can see all the delayed and cancelled status' :(





Clockwise: Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee & Pistachio




The macarons were of a very high quality, like small bites of perfection! I have honestly not tasted a better macaron,(in Sydney) so I highly recommend them! The textures were faultless, the shell very crisp on the outside yet delicate and light as you bite in, and the centre smooth and bursting of flavour. The chefs are French Japanese so it comes as no surprise that these little confections are so delicious and quality made. This a definite must try if you're in broachbeach!


Mme Grenouille
2669 Gold Coast Highway
Broadbeach QLD 4218
(07) 5538 3111

Holly Cupcakes X 

No comments:

Post a Comment