Thursday, July 14, 2011

Are we there yet?!


There are few things i get myself into without first considering the pros and cons. But i have to admit, this was trip was a "dive first, and, hope for water" type of scenarios.

I'm off to the snows today with four children, all in primary school, and none of them are mine! Gulp.

 It started with a booking for a romantic getaway and somehow the extended family's phones were dialing my number and i ended up with four others. The last few days I've stressed the hub out by murmuring food ideas and scribbling down dinner plans.

My poor grocery trolley had the shock of its life when we entered through the sliding doors. A young married working couple with no children, replaced their health oriented products with underage snacks. Individual tiny teddy cookies, jelly and fruit cups, cheese and dip snacks and the mixed chip packets. I was almost tempted to make individual lunch packs with the classic brown paper bag and names scribbled in front.

I can definitely understand a parent's dilemma of being active in their children's life and making sure you give them foods that they like. Add to the list - healthy fresh food, that is a full time job! I'm praying i can match up a packet of crisp with some strawberries to subsidise the fat content.

One thing to draw from this experience so far?

 I'm starting to get an itch to write to Parliament and request for Mother's day to be a public holiday.

 Did i forget to mention that one of the little ones likes to dribble?

Wish me luck!


Truffles

No comments:

Post a Comment